Future South Wales group walks - select Leekman marker for details
Y 100 Sir Fynwy, 100 miles, Saturday 29th May 2021
- Meet/Start time : 10:00. At: Chepstow Comprehensive School, ST529943
- Description: The annual LDWA 100 mile walk. Considerable assistance from South Wales LDWA members will be needed. View the route
- Grid reference(s): Meet: ST 529 943, Start: ST 529 943
- Leader: David Morgan
The Butcombe Trail, 47,43,33,30,25,16 miles, Saturday 26th June 2021
- Meet/Start time : 07:00. At: Shipham Village Hall car park. £3 per car, please bring correct money and do not park anywhere else., ST444579
- Description: A clockwise wander along the Butcombe Trail in the Mendips. With a choice of six different distances those that do not wish to do the full 47 miles can easily choose a shorter route. I can provide the routes but you will have to map read. Generally on easy going paths. The Trail visits 6 Butcombe Brewery owned pubs but I think we'll pass on getting a round in each time!
- Notes: Sainsburys and chip shop in Cheddar (28 miles on 47 route) can be used for a restock of provisions. Sainsburys closes at 8pm, hence the early start.
- Grid reference(s): Meet: ST 444 579, Start: ST 444 579
- Map(s): Explorer: 141 & 153. Landranger: 182
- Walk Grade: **** (Strenuous). (What's this?)
- Ascent (feet): 5700
- Leader: Andrew Clabon